Internet sensation: The Yodeling Boy

Carmen Martinez, Staff Reporter

The Yodeling Boy, also known as Mason Ramsey has become a national sensation after his performance at his local Walmart in Harrisburg, Illinois. Rising to fame in his cowboy boots, the young star has already gained an audience with over 1.5 million followers on Instagram. Over the past months the 11 year old has hit incredible milestones from his viral video to performing at Coachella.

Early 2017:

According to the Southern Illinoisan, Ramsey created a viral video that reached 3.4 million views before his Walmart performance. He of course sang a Hank Williams Sr. song.

March 24, 2018:

His debut to the world took place at his local Walmart. Since the video was uploaded, there has been thousands of retweets, memes, and remixes centering around Ramsey’s original performance on March 24th.

April 10, 2018:

An episode of Ellen premiered featuring Ramsey singing “Lovesick Blues” by Hank Williams Sr.

April 11th, 2018:

Ramsey’s local Walmart hosts a concert for the young start complete with its own Snapchat filter.

April 13th, 2018:

Ramsey performs at one of the worlds biggest festivals: Coachella. The lineup included Beyoncé, Eminem, The Weekend, and the yodeling boy.

Already achieving so much in his short time of fame, Mason Ramsey undoubtedly has a bright future ahead of him.

About the Writer
Carmen Martinez, A&E Editor

Carmen Martinez is a senior at Lakes and is continuing her second year on the Talon Times staff. She joined the staff because she enjoys writing and would possibly like to pursue it further in the future. She is currently the vice president of the senior class student council and participates in other school activities such as tennis and National Honor Society. Over the summer she past her time by being a lifeguard and binge watching The Office on Netflix. Carmen is extremely excited for the school year.