Dunkin’ Donuts vs Starbucks Cold Brew

Sophia Donis, Opinions Editor

Looking for iced coffee that doesn’t taste like dirty water? Cold brew is your answer! As a teenager, coffee is everyone’s go to drink and many cannot live without it. Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts recently released cold brew and everyone became obsessed. However, I was very skeptical to try it because I had no idea what it was. I recently learned that cold brew coffee beans are roasted in cold water as opposed to hot water. This gives the coffee a more rich and flavorful taste and also tastes fresher than iced coffee. With regular iced coffee, it often tastes burnt and like dirty water, no matter how much cream you pour in. I decided to go to Dunkin’ and Starbucks to see which one tasted better and I was not disappointed. Dunkin’s cold brew tastes a lot fresher and more of a true coffee taste compared to their iced coffee. I have heard many complaints that their iced coffee is disgusting and that some can’t even handle the taste. Although Dunkin’ makes a good cold brew, Starbucks blew it out of the water. Their cold brew is so rich, flavorful, and delicious that it instantly puts a smile on your face. Starbucks also has a vanilla sweet cream that they add to theirs which even further enhances the authentic flavors. Although it is more expensive, it is definitely worth it for a higher quality cup of coffee. When ordering, there is no need to ask for ice because you can only get cold brew on ice, and definitely ask for cream and sugar to add some sweetness. For Dunkin’, I recommend cold brew with caramel swirl and extra cream and sugar. For Starbucks, I recommend a vanilla sweet cream cold brew with classic syrup. Both are amazing and make for a great start to your day! Happy coffee seasonImage result for starbucks cold brewRelated image

About the Writer
Sophia Donis, Opinions Editor

Sophia Donis is a senior at Lakes Community High School. She is a member of the girls bowling and soccer team, National Honors Society and German Club. She enjoys reading, watching Netflix and spending time with her family and friends. She also loves writing poetry and photography. On the weekends, you’ll find her working at Ralph Lauren or on the soccer field. She is the Opinions Editor for this year and is very excited to see what’s in store for her first year!