Gifts for the Holiday Season

Carmen Martinez, Staff Reporter

As holiday shoppers rush into stores this year, there are a few gifts bound to be on everyone’s lists. New innovations in technology are bound to shake up the holiday season with the latest technology available to consumers. Listed below are technologies available this season:

1. Microsoft Surface Pro

With the ability of a tablet and laptop, the surface pro is the perfect gift. Study, play and work anywhere with the long battery life and lightweight. Take notes, draw, and enjoy the high display performance. Pricing starts at $999.

1. Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones

Equipped with adaptive noise canceling technology,  these headphones are perfect for listening to music anywhere. The battery can last between 22 and 40 hours and costs $350.

1. Amazon Echo

This smart speaker does it all with it’s capabilities to call, play music, and answer questions. It includes Alexa, your personal assistant who can check the weather for you or open your compatible garage door. Pricing starts at $99.99.

1. Kindle Oasis E-Reader

The perfect gift for a bookworm, the latest kindle includes a better display screen and instant access to thousands of books. Read anywhere and anytime with glare resistance and water proofness. A single charge can last a full week and the bluetooth audio is perfect for audio books. Pricing starts $249.99.

1.iPhone X

Just in time for the holiday season, Apple released the iPhone X on November third. Their latest product is entirely screen and allows the owner to unlock their phone with facial recognition. It features better camera quality, wireless charging, and longer battery life. According to Forbes.com, 35.9 million iPhone X’s have already been sold since the release date. Pricing starts at $999.

About the Writer
Carmen Martinez, A&E Editor

Carmen Martinez is a senior at Lakes and is continuing her second year on the Talon Times staff. She joined the staff because she enjoys writing and would possibly like to pursue it further in the future. She is currently the vice president of the senior class student council and participates in other school activities such as tennis and National Honor Society. Over the summer she past her time by being a lifeguard and binge watching The Office on Netflix. Carmen is extremely excited for the school year.