Girls Soccer Hosts ‘Kick It For Cure’

Isabella Fuentes

The Lakes girls varsity soccer team won the game against Antioch this past Tuesday with a score of one to nothing all while they “Kicked for the Cure.” The game brought their record to an outstanding 12 wins and 3 losses this season and Kevin Kullby, Varsity Girls Soccer Team Coach, was more than proud.

“[The team has] a never say die attitude,” Kullby said.

Prior to the big game, the girls varsity soccer team earned money for the “Kick for the Cure” cause through the selling of T-shirts and accepting donations. Over 200 of the pink T-shirts were sold and the girls proudly sported them out on the field. Altogether the game earned over one thousand dollars for the American Cancer Society to support the cause in finding a cure for cancer.

The team has won the North Suburban Conference Championship for the first time in four years and Kullby commends them as one of the best teams he has had the honor to coach. Ending the first half in a tie, the Lakes and Antioch soccer teams played fiercely for the win. Nicole Diambrose, Lakes Varsity Soccer Player, played nearly the whole game and during the second half scored the winning goal for Lakes. Lakes has come out on top against Antioch, yet again. Another key offensive player during the game was Maya Schmitt. However, Kullby credits the win to the phenomenal playing of the whole varsity soccer team.

“The whole team played outstanding,” Kullby said.