Rant: Finals Packets

Back to Article
Back to Article

Rant: Finals Packets

Molly Bartlett, Editor-in-Chief

Going on our second day of finals and being sleep deprived from 2 all nighters, I couldn’t help but start thinking about how I got to where I am in the exact moment that I am typing this. Dry contacts, oversized hoodie, six blankets piled on top of me, a half eaten granola bar somewhere in the mess of blankets. I cannot help but think that the only reason that I am sitting awake on a Wednesday night at 11:30pm is because of finals packets.

• Why do teachers assign finals packets on an average of 2 days before finals start?
  • Do you honestly think that I have the energy to panic over another finals packet? I really want to know.
  • I understand that they only benefit us and that “you are being nice by even typing a review up for us,” but I do not need this extra pressure!
  • I have an idea for teachers: Why don’t we start assigning finals packet a week or two in advance, and then combine our last minute lesson notes into the review packet? One, I will not be stressed to finish your packet, and two, I won’t have to panic about transferring those last minute notes into another packet.
  • If you do not like that idea, I have another one. Do not count them for mandatory points! If you give us the option to fill it out for points and turn it in, suddenly my levels of stress will drop and I will not dislike your class anymore. If people choose to do it, great extra points! If they don’t, that is not on you as a teacher, it is on them as a responsible student.
  • Please, I am begging you, do not wait until the day before finals start to go over the answers or hand out an answer key. For the sake of my fragile, sleep deprived body and mind, give me at least the weekend before to study. Please.
1 Comment

One Response to “Rant: Finals Packets”

1. Hannah lawson on October 25th, 2017 2:29 pm

I am starting a ASL club (American Sign Language) and was wondering if it could be announced in EEN so I can get the word out. The club will meet every week on Thursdays and there is no experience required. Mrs Steinberg will be supervising the club.

• Opinions

Reading Is Fun

• Opinions

Fish Aren’t Throwaway Animals

• Rant: Finals Packets

Reviews

Review on Chili’s Grill & Bar

• Rant: Finals Packets

Opinions

Starting School Later

• Opinions

Hottest Cities in America (And Their Colleges)

• Rant: Finals Packets

Let's Talk Health

Goodbye Spring Cleaning! Hello Winter Cleaning!

• Rant: Finals Packets

Columns

10 Ways to Relieve Stress

• Opinions

Why You Should Stop Saying the Word “Cringey”

• Rant: Finals Packets

A&E

Movie Review – The Holiday Calendar

• Rant: Finals Packets

A&E

Movie Review – The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

Rant: Finals Packets