Girls Tennis Off To Solid Start

Back to Article
Back to Article

Girls Tennis Off To Solid Start

Coach Bryan Plinske talks to his players before their match against North Chicago

Michael Storms

The Girls Tennis team is off to a 5-2 start of their season.

Senior Anna Claire Bradbury is pleased with how her team has faced the challenges of the season so far.

“The team is doing a great job working together to keep winning matches. For us, each match is new and comes with different sets of challenges.  We work together to take on theses challenges and push ourselves to win and do even better than the last time.” said Bradbury.

Coach Bryan Plinske praised the team for their work ethic and focus during practice.

“The biggest strength of the tennis team is their desire to improve, everybody wants to go out and get better every single day, and practice has taken on a more focused tone when we’re out there.” said coach Plinske.

Plinske and Bradbury are hopeful that the team will continue with the positivity and hard working ethics of the team through the season.  Plinske also praised the team for them acting professional and polite throughout their matches.

“Success breeds success, and the girls have seen that what they’ve done up to this point has really helped,” said Plinske.

Coach Plinske is confident that the team will do better against the two teams the girls have lost to previously in their upcoming matches against Marian Central Catholic and Grayslake North.
The team has upcoming matches against Vernon Hills on Tuesday, Sept. 15 and Warren on Wednesday Sept. 16. Vernon Hills will be an important game in regards to the Prairie Division standings, as Vernon Hills usually contends for the title.  Both of these matches will be played at the District 117 Tennis Complex.