Hottest Cities in America (And Their Colleges)

Amelia Westfall, Staff Reporter

Everyone knows that the midwest is so cold. In fact, it’s way too cold. We are all freezing.

However, not everywhere within the USA is subjected to the torment of winter, and a good way to escape the cold is to apply to universities in some warmer climates.

These are 5 of the hottest places with colleges to apply to.

Phoenix, AZ. Phoenix’s coldest month (December) has an average high of 66°F, and its warmest month (July) is 106°F. The number of days a year that are above 100°F are around 107. Nearby university- Arizona State University Downtown Phoenix Campus. Acceptance rate: 78%.

Las Vegas, NV. Vegas’s coldest month (January) has an average high of 58°F, and its warmest month (July) has an average high of 106°F. The number of days per year that are above 100°F are around 70. Nearby university- University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Acceptance rate: 88%.

Houston, TX. Houston’s coldest month (January) has an average high of 62°F, and its warmest month (July) has an average high of 94°F. The number of days per year that are above 100°F are around 4.  Nearby university- University of Houston. Acceptance rate: 60%.

Riverside, CA. Riverside’s coldest month (January) has an average high of 69°F, and its warmest month (August) has an average high of 96°F. The number of days per year that above 100°F are around 24. Nearby university- University of California, Riverside. Acceptance rate: 56%.

Honolulu, HI. Honolulu’s coldest month (January) has an average high of 80°F, and its warmest month (August) has an average high of 89°F. The number of days per year that are above 90°F are around 19.  Nearby university- University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa. Acceptance rate 81%.

About the Writer
Amelia Westfall, Staff Reporter

Amelia Westfall is a sophomore at Lakes Community High School. This is her first year on staff. She took this class to improve her writing. Amelia likes...